Why work at Dotlab?
Whether you are based in Rotterdam, work remotely somewhere in Europe, or even travel around the world like a digital nomad: we take good care of you. Whatever place you call home, we have some great perks that come with the job. Something along the lines of…
- Competitive salary of €4,400 – €5,100 (based on 40 hours per week)
- Excellent secondary employment conditions such as a pension and bonus scheme
- A public transport card, or a travel expense allowance combined with a parking spot in our parking garage
- Growing, innovative company with ambitious goals and clear annual objectives
- Focus on your personal and professional growth
- Open, informal company culture
- Friendly and supportive team
- Opportunity to make a real impact
- Epic outings, Awesome Toastie Fridays, and fun on Fridays, even after office hours!
What are you going to do?
This is what we expect from you.
- Clean and compliant code conventions and git flow for all tasks
- Successful implementation and execution of tasks from start to finish
- Optimal collaboration and support for all members of the development team
- Accurate and efficient time management, estimates, and time tracking
- Management of hardware usage, company and client data, tools used, and produced code meets the highest possible security standards
What do we offer you?
This is what you can expect from us.
- A dynamic, approachable, and engaged team for brainstorming
- A wide range of tools for analysis, debugging, and performance optimization
- The freedom to work in a hybrid manner and organize your schedule
- A consistent and efficient meeting rhythm and clear (quarterly) objectives
- The opportunity for personal initiative and new ideas for process and product improvement
When do we match?
Like looking in the mirror…
- Has 6+ years of PHP skills
- You have over 3 years of back-end experience with Laravel
- Good knowledge of MySQL
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with API development techniques
- The intrinsic need and ability to quickly apply new technologies and existing tooling
- An analytical mind with the ability to gather and analyze information and quickly identify possible solutions
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in Dutch and English
- You share our DNA and fully recognize yourself in our manifesto
This is what your working week looks like.
Your week consists of work that contributes to the success of the development team. Today, after the daily meeting, you start by carefully reviewing the project status, code conventions, and the git flow. In addition to supporting fellow programmers, today you’re primarily focused on writing code that lays the foundation for a successful week. You manage to transform a complex problem into a technically feasible solution through a spike. You are master of your own schedule and ensure that everyone in your team can perform optimally.
Tuesdays are entirely dedicated to architecture; the foundation of every good SaaS solution. Together with the team, we discuss functionality, brainstorm bottlenecks, and refine tasks. Also, based on your expertise, spikes are defined to always determine the right solution direction, no matter how complex the problem! The outcome of this day is incorporated into the sprint planning, ensuring our platform continues to grow and improve consistently and continuously. Moreover, today you manage to get a colleague back on track by removing a persistent blocker.
This day is about creating robust and efficient code, with special attention to user experience and functionality. It is your responsibility to ensure that the code you deliver is secure, performs well, and is completed within the estimates. You closely monitor the assigned tasks and personal planning, making sure to propose new functionalities that benefit both existing and future customers.
Thursday is reserved for code reviews, quality assurance, and optimization. You test and evaluate new and updated features, ensure the integration of best practices in security, and work on performance improvement. This ensures that all developed features meet the highest possible standards. Additionally, you come across an opportunity that can significantly boost performance! This too is documented, so you can bring it up on Tuesday as input for the sprint.
The big day of the release has arrived! You’ve contributed a lot to this sprint cycle and keep everyone sharp during the stand-up to ensure everything goes smoothly. And when the platform goes live, it’s time to celebrate. At the end of the day during the week’s closing, you evaluate your KPIs and prepare for the coming week. The weekend is kicked off with a festive drink together with your colleagues.
This is your turf,
everything all lined up
We describe our roles extensively in so-called scorecard documents because we like to be transparent.
That way, everyone knows what to expect from each other.
Go wild in our digital sandbox.
Each project is unique, and with each project, we learn more and more about scalable architecture. That’s why we develop all solutions on our own stack, composed of open-source technology.
This stack consists of a collection of commonly used functionalities developed as standardized modules. This allows us to easily configure, reuse, optimize, maintain, and update our solutions. It gives us more space to better explore and realize the technically challenging aspects of each project.
To support this, all our applications are dockerized and ready to be deployed from our private registry. The deployment process is managed with Gitlab CI/CD, where pipelines are automatically built, tested, reviewed, and deployed in multiple environments.
We see our stack as a digital sandbox and challenge each other to add interesting modules, launch separate SaaS products from it, or simply to try out and develop a creative idea. If you have a brilliant idea, you can really go for it here.
The process from application to growth path.
Interested? Send us your mind-blowing application so that it is very clear that you are a top asset. As soon as we have processed your request, we will contact you by e-mail or phone for an introduction.
During a Teams call or meet-up at our office (whatever you want), we discuss your wishes, skills and see if it clicks. If we are both enthusiastic after the first meeting, we move on to a more substantive follow-up interview.
Join the team
If we’re a match, we’ll make you an offer you can’t refuse with a competitive salary and extra benefits that will make your new job great. On day one, we welcome you to the Dotlab family, give you a tour, and set you up for success.
After the start, we set your personal goals for the future. We give you a personal development budget and the tools you need to succeed and grow in your career. In between, we celebrate successes and learnings greatly. Looking forward to a long collaboration!